History / Timeline
Miles Advisory Group – Corporate History
Miles Advisory Group, Inc. began when founders (and husband and wife team) Bryan Miles and Shannon Miles combined their desire to take a new career path with the opportunity they saw to help serve churches in a new way. Bryan and Shannon saw an obvious need in the church world for an alternate workforce model, and felt a calling to offer just that.
In the fall of 2010 Bryan and Shannon took a leap of faith and gave notice to their employers on the same day, so they could pursue their vision of creating a service offering for churches while building the kind of company they both knew they always wanted to work for. Most of their colleagues thought they were crazy to leave secure jobs with good salaries during biggest economic downturn in 80 years. Bryan left his employer of seven years, church construction specialist Cogun, and Shannon left after a decade of experience in program management with a Fortune 10 company (McKesson Corporation) to set out on a new venture together.
With their unique combination of experience, knowledge, and passion they launched Miles Advisory Group, Inc., in December 2010. Their business ramped up quickly, with four executive virtual assistant contracts with pastors and friends around the country.
At the start of 2011, with their business just one month old, Bryan and Shannon launched a second entity called MAG Bookkeeping, Inc. (along with partner Casey Graham) to serve churches with virtual bookkeeping services. This service quickly grew to encompass payroll services as well. By the summer of 2011 word had spread about the service their executive virtual assistants were providing, and they were being contacted by corporations, C-level executives, and small business owners to assist them in a similar way. Out of these efforts a new brand, eaHELP, was born in January 2012.
In June 2012, Bryan and Shannon purchased their entire controlling interest of MAG Bookkeeping, Inc., from Casey Graham, ending a solid partnership where the three remain friends today.
By the end of 2012, eaHELP and MAG Bookkeeping combined were serving clients in 37 US states and 3 additional countries, with revenues increasing over 300 percent in FY 2012.
Today, Miles Advisory Group, Inc., consists of two prominent brands, MAG Bookkeeping and eaHELP. Miles Advisory Group, Inc., takes great pride in finding engaging, experienced and efficient team members who have a great passion and desire to serve their clients. Through flexible and creative outsourcing solutions, Miles Advisory Group, Inc., enables leaders everywhere to focus on their tasks with greater clarity, increasing their effectiveness and underlining the real reason of WHY leaders do what they do.
Keeping the focus on the founders’ hearts for service and desire to serve God, eaHELP is a nationally-known, rapidly-growing virtual executive assistant industry leader, and MAG Bookkeeping is a nationally-known virtual church bookkeeping service firm. Bryan and Shannon credit all of the company’s successes and growth to their faith in God and their deep respect for and trust in each other.
- August 2010: Miles Advisory Group, Inc. is incorporated
- October 2010: Bryan and Shannon Miles leave their employers during the Great Recession to focus on Miles Advisory Group, Inc.
- December 2010: Bryan and Shannon Miles’ first day on the job at Miles Advisory Group, Inc., launching services for pastors and churches
- January 2011: MAG Bookkeeping, Inc. launched for virtual church bookkeeping and payroll services
- January 2012: New brand (eaHELP) launched for executive virtual assistant services for businesses leaders
- June 2012: Bryan and Shannon Miles gain controlling interest of MAG Bookkeeping, Inc.
- July 2012: First eBook published: 9 Reasons to Rethink Your Approach to Staffing by Bryan Miles
- January 2013: Corporate team grows from two people to 18, with overall headcount in excess of 100 team members
- January 2013: eaHELP Triples Growth in FY 2012
- June 2013: Corporate Team grows to 25, with an overall headcount of 160 team members